Last modified: Dec 9, 2022
MAK Technologies, Inc. (MAK) respects your online privacy and recognizes the need for appropriate protection and management of any personal or corporate information that you share with us. MAK does not rent, sell, or share submitted information with unaffiliated companies except to provide information, products, or services that you have specifically requested.
This document describes the data we collect, why we have that information, how we use and handle it, and your rights to that information. We reserve the right to update this policy in the future to further protect your privacy.
What personal data do we hold?
- Information you provide – When you register for downloads or sign up for a MAK website user account, we ask you for personal information, such as name, company affiliation, email address, phone number, and country of residence. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other MAK services to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services.
- Information from Others – We may receive information about you from our resellers or affiliates such as your personal contact information such as name, company affiliation, email address, phone number, and country of residence.
- Log information – MAK.com uses Google analytics and Act-On marketing automation services, and Salesforce customer relationship management services. When you access MAK.com we automatically record certain information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
Where did we get your personal data?
We collect your personal data when you ask us to contact you, or when you place an order for our products and services. Your failure to provide this information means we cannot fulfill your request. We may also collect your contact information when you provide it by using our Website, as well as your IP address and other information about your activity on our Website, such as what pages you visit.
What is our purpose for holding your personal data?
Our lawful basis for holding your information depends on the circumstances under which we acquired it:
Type of Information
Lawful Basis for Processing
Customer and prospective customer contact information collected in connection with an order or inquiry
For fulfillment of a contract
Customer and prospective customer contact information collected for use in marketing additional products and services
Consent or Legitimate Interest
Customer contact information collected in connection with providing support for our products and services.
Technical details that you provide and the solutions we recommend addressing your issues.
Fulfillment of customer support
What we do with your personal data
We use your details so that we can communicate with you by email or phone and inform you of our services, provide customer support, the status of your order, or questions about payment of your invoice. We may also collect your IP address and details about your activity on our website to understand your interests and preferences.
The personal data we hold is stored and processed securely in line with the information security measures and guidance standards in our industry. We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures designed to prevent the unauthorized disclosure of your personal data, taking into account the level of risk associated with the processing of your personal data.
Cross Border personal data transfers
Your personal data is stored at servers located in the United States. The United States has personal data privacy laws that may be different from your country. We treat personal data from users across the globe with the same respect given to EU users.
What we don’t do with your personal data
We do not pass your information to anyone else apart from our business services partners as necessary to provide you with the products and services you have requested.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We will retain your personal data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, or we have obtained your consent.
What are my personal data rights?
You have the following rights concerning your personal data that we hold and process that you can exercise at any time:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct personal data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the personal data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that we refuse your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in the process below.
Who do I contact if I have an issue with my personal data that you hold?
If you have an account on mak.com, you may email
Please contact our VP Marketing at
How do I make a complaint about how my personal data is being held or processed?
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we handle your personal data, you can contact our VP of Marketing as follows:
10 Fawcett St
Cambridge MA, 02138
If you are not satisfied with our response you can complain to the
THE DATA PROTECTION AUTHORITY FOR THE COUNTRY IN WHICH YOU RESIDE.