A Multi-Domain Training Environment for Call for Fire (CFF) and Close Air Support (CAS)
Built on the MAK ONE whole-world multi-domain synthetic environment, MAK FIRES enables warfighters to practice as if they are in an operational live fire environment.
MAK FIRES is a comprehensive and immersive training system that provides realistic training for both CFF and CAS missions, and can be used by individual trainers at their home-station or as part of a formal CFF classroom environment. Built on more than 30 years of product development and capabilities and co-designed by our MAK ONE experts in Cambridge and our Training experts in Orlando, MAK FIRES harnesses the power of MAK ONE.
Win with MAK FIRES!
MAK FIRES is the perfect, easy-to-use and easy-to-maintain Fires solution that provides:
- An easy-to-use scenario generation, execution, and control interface, including a 3D immersive environment complemented by a 2D tactical map, based on the gold standard in Computer Generated Forces (CGF) applications, VR-Forces
- Beautiful realistic visuals of Your Training Environment powered by the MAK Earth One World Terrain Engine and VR-Vantage
- Emulated equipment to conduct Indirect Fires, Precision Targeting, Close Combat Attack and CAS. CAS missions are supported with the required air platforms and air-delivered munitions. Customer required weapon systems can be added as needed and it has the ability to adjust fires and ballistic models.
- Options for AI-controlled aircraft, piloted aircraft, and remote piloted aircraft, through VR-Forces or through MAK’s Role Player Application, VR-Engage.
MAK FIRES is:
- Flexible, and includes training modes for CFF and CAS exercises within the MAK ONE synthetic environment.
- Extendable, configurable, and scalable. MAK FIRES can be extended to include required technologies and participants, and scale to meet your training needs and complexity.
- Interoperable and standards-based, meaning you can interoperate with mission systems across domains and connect to combined arms training exercises locally or in other countries.
- Supported. MAK FIRES’ clear documentation & “Trainer down-the-hall” support approach ensures that your training is successful.
- Easily Maintained. MAK's innovative maintenance policy ensures that your MAK FIRES solution benefits from the latest developments and new features added to our MAK ONE suite of COTS products.
- Committed to your success. MAK is your partner, not just a vendor.
Training Modes to Match Your Exercise
CFF Artillery Missions
MAK FIRES is a fully capable Forward Observer Training System (FOTS) that delivers the training required to prepare FO in critical fires tasks and build their self-confidence.
With MAK FIRES, you can train individual forward observers, prepare for live fire training, and prepare for tactical maneuvers to coordinate fires. Out of the box, MAK FIRES supports eight tasks designated by the U.S. Army as primary tasks for all Forward Observers:
- Establish Observer Location
- Determine Direction to Target Area
- Locate a Target by Grid Coordinates
- Locate a Target by Polar Coordinates
- Locate a Target by Shift From a Known Point
- Conduct an Adjust Area Mission
- Conduct a Fire for Effect Mission
Close Air Support (CAS) Missions
The MAK FIRES CAS system delivers the training required to prepare warfighters in critical CAS tasks.
Out of the box, MAK FIRES supports the following tasks for CAS mission training:
- Trains to all current tasks to US and NATO Standards
- Allows any warfighter to call in Close Air Support
- Allows the warfighter to be involved in all phases of CAS "Planning, Preparations and Execution
Extendable, Scalable, and Configurable
MAK FIRES is a modular system built on MAK ONE, ensuring a high-fidelity, dynamic, and fully interactive future-proof training system. This provides a long useful life and the ability to support emerging tactics, techniques, and procedures.
It is extendable to address emerging emulated military equipment, display & simulation technology, cloud computing, and point of need deployment technologies. MAK FIRES can be configured to your specific-training needs, from physical configurations (to add role players either from instructor station or manned stations) to training complexity (training in more realistic environments, not just clear daylight).
MAK FIRES enables a range of architectural variations to set up your mission training for success, including:
One student — One instructor SME
6 to 24 student Classrooms
Individual student without instructor
Interoperable and Standards-based
MAK FIRES, built on the MAK ONE COTS simulation software suite, provides a low-risk, proven solution that is easily customized to unique CFF and CAS training needs. MAK’s standards-based COTS applications are used on accredited programs, providing scalable CFF and CAS training for warfighters.
MAK FIRES is DIS-, HLA- and Legion-interoperable out-of-the-box, making integration with existing training systems across domains easy.
MAK has a long history of supporting our customers and not leaving them at technology deadends. MAK FIRES’ clear documentation & “Trainer down-the-hall” support approach ensures that your training is successful.
MAK FIRES can be delivered as a fully integrated hardware and software solution along with comprehensive documentation, training, and spares to ensure that the system is ready for training upon delivery and for years to come. It can also be customized to specific training needs.
Committed to Your Success
MAK Technologies is an established simulation provider that has been delivering military simulation and training systems for more than 25 years. MAK ONE is the core of training simulations for both the United States (US) Department of Defense (DoD) and customers around the world. The MAK Fires system, built on the MAK ONE COTS simulation software suite, provides a low-risk, proven solution that is easily customized to unique Forward Observer training needs. MAK’s standards-based COTS applications are used on accredited programs, providing scalable CFF and CAS training for Forward Observers.